Thursday 11 April 2013

"HAPPINESS IS A PONY" - I could hardly agree more

Anyone who knows me can verify that I have a slight obsession with pottery (and horses). My favourite pieces are by Nicholas Mosse, a love affair I have inherited from my grandmother, who would dutifully pick up pieces from the wonderful Broughton Crafts, to add to her collection.

I am also a big fan of Brixton Pottery and the occasional Emma Bridgewater piece. Particularly because both have equestrian related ranges and if I see a bowl, or mug, or plate etc. with horses on, I WILL buy it.

A couple of weeks ago, I was browsing in Rossiters of Bath and this set caught my eye:



I am aware that maybe this is more for children and that the pony on this pattern bears no resemblance to my boy (horse, not human), but I can't help lusting after it. I think that the same way some girls go crazy for shoes, I go crazy for pottery.

After showing my mother this snap, she laughed and told me I had enough horsey tableware and she's right. However, the burning desire will not go. I have a feeling that when my student loan finally comes in, this mug, bowl and plate set could serve as wonderful revision motivation.

I have a feeling that at some point, I'll go wild and do pottery collection post, or really let loose and do a video of my favourite pieces. 

Does anyone else feel like this about pottery?!

No comments:

Post a Comment